ECON 203 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Effective Interest Rate, Stock Market, Financial Market

129 views2 pages
Verified Note

Document Summary

Chapter 8 saving, investment and the financial system. Financial system: group of i(cid:374)stitutio(cid:374)s i(cid:374) the e(cid:272)o(cid:374)o(cid:373)y that help to (cid:373)at(cid:272)h o(cid:374)e perso(cid:374)"s sa(cid:448)i(cid:374)gs (cid:449)ith a(cid:374)other perso(cid:374)"s investment; a channel that people with the demand and supply of money are funding. Saving helps investment and investment, in turn, helps with gross income. Two kinds of institutions: financial market and financial intermediaries: financial market: the more general one. There are different kinds but the most frequently used ones include bonds and stock markets. Bonds: there are institutions that issue bonds and those that purchase bonds. Institutions that issue bonds provide you with a certificate that is proof that they owe you money with interest. The duration for which a bond is issued also determines the risk your investment holds. Due to this uncertainty, you will receive a much higher interest. If you trust the institution and trust it to pay you back, risk is less.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers