English
Course
ENGL 406
Professor
Jacqueline Jenkins
Semester
Fall

Description
Engl Oct 9, 2012 - Lyrics are primary text; can be tested st - 1 stanza of lyric one (A woman affirms her marriage vow) o Where I have chosen I will be steadfast o Never have I repent o I will serve whatever you command of me o I will never withdraw my service for fear  MIDDLE ENGLISH – more negatives in sentence = more negative  Tribal middle English used u as u and inner v  Same problem with i/j o Thus I am bound by your excellence,kindness (godelynhede) o Which has caused me to do your service and in that way I will live - 2 stanza of lyric one o No other can deserve what you deserve o To serve you without inconsistency o Dewte = obligation, something you must do by right  Has feudal reference o Due = obligated duty, o Varyaunce = change in commitment, change in feelings, inconsistency - 2 lyrics – A woman submits to merciless fortune o You are to blame to set your heart so sore as you know there’s not end to the pain st - 1 stanza of 3 lyric – woman wishes her absent husband recovery o Bat = unless  Unless you suffering is soon amended o who but you may sustain me = ho but ze may me sustayne - 2 stanza of 3 lyrics o Weche = witch o Remembrance = his memory o Bat God in yow
More Less

Related notes for ENGL 406

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit