LWSO 335 (17)

LWSO October 15.docx

1 Page
Unlock Document

University of Calgary
Law and Society
LWSO 335
Linda Mc Kay- Panos

LWSO October 15, 2012 Court law, civil legalisation, equality issues, international abuse Court law: before you sew, know the causes of action  Court is a legal, wrong committed by one legal entity against another.  The charter of law does not apply within private relationships, has to be with the government  Governments and sew  The individual who is complaining is called ‘plaintiff’ and the individual getting sewed is called the ‘defendant’  Civil is easier to defend rather than criminal offence  Burden proof and …  Cause of action that is recognized in law (discrimination and sexual harassment is not an action of recognized law) and damages ..  Intentional and unintentional torts o Intentional tort: when you attended your course of action (assault (behaviour of others actions) and battery (in civil law means physical contact) –EX: “this individual has physically touched me without my consent” –in criminal law you will not see the word “battery”, only assault (threats to individual) …when you touch somebody without their consent is called battery, ex: profs husband got hip su
More Less

Related notes for LWSO 335

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.