Summer 2018

Department
Operations Management
Course Code
OPMA 407
Professor
David Roberts
Lecture

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Lecture 3
Activity & Risk
MRQ #2- Project charter- with the high rate of failure, industry said we need something.
1. Purpose- Need to have purpose. A short summary of objectives and project scope.
Everyone needs to say what they think they agreed to for objective. Once you
agreed, make sure everyone is clear.
2. Objective- A more detailed statement of the general goals of the project. This
statement should include profit and competitive aims from the Business Case as well
as technical goals based on the Statement of Work (SOW).
3. Overview- Managerial + technical. A description of both the managerial and the
technical approaches to the work. How are you going to communicate? What is the latest
edition of the project? Subject Matter Experts (SME), good idea if someone checks over
someone's works, at least one other person. Cohesion in project.
4. Schedules- Milestones, this section outlines the various schedules and lists all
milestone events and/or phase-gates.
5. Resources- budget, machines, people. This element contains the budgets by task as
well as the cost control and monitoring plans. Identify what kind of equipments you'll
need.
6. Stakeholder- This section lists the key internal and external stakeholders. It also
contains a time phased plan for the people (or at least the skills) required for the
project.
7. Risk Management- Frequency and Severity. This covers potential problems as well as
potential lucky breaks that could affect the project. Things you need to identify as a
risk.
8. Evaluation method-
Work Breakdown Structure
Sufficient detail
Example:
1.0 Electrical
1.1 Master Bedroom
1.1.1 Plug ins
1.1.2 Cable
1.1.3 Satellite
2.0 Plumbing
2.1 Kitchen
2.1.1 Sink
2.1.2 Garburator
Agile Project Management
Your to do list. You get it from the WBS. ***Keep it short and frequent.
Example:
Task Partial Complete
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Lecture 3 Activity Risk MRQ 2 Project charter with the high rate of failure, industry said we need something. 1. Purpose Need to have purpose. A short summary of objectives and project scope. Everyone needs to say what they think they agreed to for objective. Once you agreed, make sure everyone is clear. 2. Objective A more detailed statement of the general goals of the project. This statement should include profit and competitive aims from the Business Case as well as technical goals based on the Statement of Work (SOW) . 3. Overview Managerial + technical. A description of both the managerial and the technical approaches to the work. How are you going to communicate? What is the latest edition of the project? Subject Matter Experts (SME), good idea if someone checks over someones works, at least one other person. Cohesion in project. 4. Schedules Milestones, this section outlines the various schedules and lists all milestone events andor phasegates. 5. Resources budget, machines, people. This element contains the budgets by task as well as the cost control and monitoring plans. Identify what kind of equipments youll need. 6. Stakeholder This section lists the key internal and external stakeholders. It also contains a time phased plan for the people (or at least the skills) required for the project. 7. Risk Management Frequency and Severity. This covers potential problems as well as potential lucky breaks that could affect the project. Things you need to identify as a risk. 8. Evaluation method Work Breakdown Structure Sufficient detail Example: 1.0 Electrical 1.1 Master Bedroom 1.1.1 Plug ins 1.1.2 Cable 1.1.3 Satellite 2.0 Plumbing 2.1 Kitchen 2.1.1 Sink 2.1.2 Garburator Agile Project Management Your to do list. You get it from the WBS. ***Keep it short and frequent. Example: Task Partial Complete
More Less
Unlock Document
Start your 2 week free trial

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

Share with your friends

Get 2 friends to sign-up for a free trial as well, and get an additional free week

Next

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit