PHIL 259 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Kantian Ethics, Incest

22 views2 pages

Document Summary

Consent: the magic of consent (hurt 1996): i can give permission to another to do something to me that would otherwise be illicit, liberal moral orthodoxy: non-consensual sex is immoral and consensual sex is morally permissible. Metaphysics of consent: mental (attitiduinal view); consent is a mental state or action, performative view; consent is a public act, hybrid view; both an attitude and a performance are required. When is it reasonable to believe consent is given: affirmative verbal standard; i agree to have sex . Sexual consent: they would be consenter must, competent (able to reason, informed (have the information, voluntary (not compelled) (not deceived) The harm of rape: it is experienced as harmful (utilitarian, violation of dignity (kantian deontology, it is contrary to our natural goals (natural laws) Is all consensual sex: physical harmful bdsm, prostitution (exploitation, incest between adults. Models of sex communication: request and consent or refuse, invitation, gift, rebecca kukla (person)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers