Philosophy
Course
PHIL 275
Professor
Yoshiki Kobasigawa
Semester
Fall

Description
Informative Definition September 27 , 2013 Theoretical Definition ‘light’ mean electrognetic radiation ‘light’ means that which is emitted by such things as the sun, fire, and lamps and is what allows us to see things in our environment. Persuasive Definition Defines a term with the aim of influencing an evaluation of what the term denotes. It focuses on purported bad/good features of what the term denotes, where competent users of the term may not agree with the proposed evaluation. Ex: ‘Conservative’ means a liberal who has seen the light. ‘Conservative’ means a person who doesn’t care about the little guy. ‘pope means a person who is second only to Jesus in perfection. Diagramming Arguments. 1) Identify and number the statements constituting the argument. a. I have never lost my wallet before. b. So I won’t lose it on my trip to Africa. 2) Indicate the relation between premises and conclusion with arrows. a. (Premises) b. (Conclusion) 3) Premises can function as indepen
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 275

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit