ASCI 1010 (3)

Evolution v. Intelligent Design.docx

5 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Guelph
Arts and Sciences
ASCI 1010
Jordan Willcox

Evolution v. Intelligent Design March-13-13 What We Know - Debate on teaching evolution in public schools - Molecular and genetics to support evolution, hasn't damped anti-evol. Development - Birth and death and religion - Long lasting debate - US and Canada - Bill Maher - storks delivering babies - challenged by religious groups - Darwin's theory is currently being taught - Religious groups protesting the teaching of Darwin's theories - Intelligent design will be taught by science teachers What We Don't Know - Can private/private religious schools teach whatever they want? - DO catholic and public boards have to teach the same thing? - Does it apply to universities too? - What churches? - How may kids identify as religious in school? - Genetic basis of evolution? - What religious groups support evolution? - What is Intelligent design? - Religious based design? - Creationism vs. intelligent design? - How prominent in Canada? - Any other subjects banned in schools? - Who decides curriculum? - Performance difference between schools? - Support for I.D.? - Legal issues for teachers? - Who is Charles Darwin? - Is I.D. a science? Does it qualify as a science? - Do religious schools teach evolution? - Does learning about religion go against the charter of rights and freedoms - Does I.D. contradict evolution? - Appropriate for religion and public to blend? - How are school boards funded? - Different religions in religious schools? - Why do we need to learn about evolution? - Taught in other countries? (evolution) - Why can't they teach I.D. in religion classes? - Who is teaching I.D.? - Consequences for scientific research after studying I.D.?] More Questions - Herbert Spencer - What is evolution? - Descent with modification, change in inherited
More Less

Related notes for ASCI 1010

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.