Biology
Course
BIOL 1500
Professor
Shoshanah Jacobs
Semester
N/A

Description
Humans in the Natural World Week 3 Notes Niche: An ecological role and space that an organism fills in an ecosystem. Habitat. Predator, prey, producer, consumer, decomposer, carnivore, herbivore, omnivore, pescivore… Really important and really cool: - When there are environmental (or ecological) changes, species can adapt their niche in order to survive. (i.e. Polar bear, Galapagos Finches) - Or when a species is separated geographically into regions with different environmental conditions, they will adapt their niche in order to survive. (i.e. Yamana and Shelknam) Human are different because they occupy a diversity of niches. They are also different because they can change their environment in order to change their niche. Ecosystem: Community of living organisms in conjunction with non- living components interacting as a system. Interaction = impact Adding and subtracting from an ecosystem will have an impact… probably negative from our perspective. Beavers are awesome and they have the second largest footprint of all species on the p
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 1500

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit