- Population: A group of organisms of the same species occupying a particular space at a
- Natality (births) lead to increase in population size, mortality decreases population size.
- Immigration increases population size, emigration reduces population size.
- Closed population = no migration
Life History Analysis
- Life history is the collection of stages (age specific traits or factors) directly affecting an
individual’s reproductive success.
- Life cycle is the series of stages that individuals of a given species go through in their
lifespan, from birth through death.
- Demography is the study of populations over time or space, which involves the study of
their size, structure, & distribution, and spatial and/or temporal c