CIS 3250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Nonverbal Communication, Collaborative Software, Linguistics

33 views5 pages

Document Summary

What are the three main collaboration requirements: communication, verbal and non-verbal, coordination, awareness. What are the two dimensions of collaboration that are important to consider when developing collaboration tools: time and place. What is groupware: software applications modelled for collaboration. Information passage of information from one individual to another i. e. nods and bodily movements, frowning. Integrational behaviours that facilitate the process of communication i. e. channel control turn taking, eye contact, slouching. Communication (cid:862)channel(cid:863) refers to the media (speech, radio, etc. ) being used for communication. Designed to address common communication problems that occur in remote meetings (i. e. meetings) When a group of people act or interact together they need to coordinate themselves: e. g. , playing football, a crew operating a ship. They use: verbal and non-verbal communication, schedules, rules, and conventions, shared external representation. Schedules used to organize regular activities in large organizations. Formal rules, like the writing of monthly reports enable organizations to maintain order and keep track.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers