ENGL 1410 (11)
Lee Baxter (10)

My Last duchess & Lady of Shallot

3 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Guelph
ENGL 1410
Lee Baxter

My Last Duchess By Robert BrowningThats my last Duchess painted on the wall Looking as if she were alive I call That piece a wonder now Fr Pandolfs hands Worked busily a day and there she stands Willt please you sit and look at her I said Fr Pandolf by design for never read Strangers like you that pictured countenance The depth and passion of its earnest glance But to myself they turned since none puts by The curtain I have drawn for you but I And seemed as they would ask me if they durst How such a glance came there so not the first Are you to turn and ask thus Sir twas not Her husbands presence only called that spot Of joy into the Duchess cheek perhaps Fr Pandolf chanced to say Her mantle laps Over my ladys wrist too much or Paint Must never hope to reproduce the faint Halfflush that dies along her throat such stuff Was courtesy she thought and cause enough For calling up that spot of joy She had A hearthow sh
More Less

Related notes for ENGL 1410

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.