ENGG 3430 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Thermal Conductivity

45 views3 pages

Document Summary

Steady-state heat conduction inside the cylinder with constant k and without heat generation: Temperature distribution inside the cylinder: express temperature (t) as a function of radial distance (r). C1 and c2 are two constants of integration and can be evaluated by using boundary conditions: By solving these equations for c1 and c2 one obtains: Heat transfer inside the cylinder: once temperature distribution is available, heat transfer at any location can be calculated by using fourier law of conduction; i. e. , Steady-state heat conduction inside the sphere with constant k and without heat generation: A c dr ka c dt dr q gen. Temperature distribution inside the sphere: express temperature (t) as a function of radial distance (r). Integrate the differential equation twice at r=r1, t=t1: Ak dt dr dt dr at r=r2, t=t2: Inner radius radius ty) conductivi (inner radius) (outer radius) Conduction thermal resistances: steady-state heat transfer (i. e. , constant thermal conductivity (i. e. , k = constant, no internal heat generation (i. e. ,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers