FRHD 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: White Matter, Grey Matter, Sensory Threshold

39 views3 pages

Document Summary

Self-referential: referring it back to yourself, and influences future choices, what will i be like when i"m old what will i do when i retire? . Theories of aging (none of them are actually proven) Wear and tear: for some parts of the body but not at all. Our brain: the more you use your body the more you stress it. This only is applicable for some part of the body, and exercise can help prevent this. Genetic clock: mechanism in dna that regulates the age, the belief that we expire , hutchinson-gilford syndrome (progeria) Cellular aging: molecules and cells replace themselves, and over time imperfections increase, like a constant photocopy of cells, however healthy cells stop replicating. There is deterioration of cognition, slower walk and physical disability. Grey matter of the brain (processing new experiences) is decreasing. White matter of the brain decreases but white lessons increase which affects the time for a thought to be processed: more cautious.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers