FRHD 2280 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: The Need, Cognitive Development, Imaginary Audience

12 views4 pages

Document Summary

People who have certain aspects of their status in common. In social science: people of similar age. People you share a valued, mutual relationship with. Spending a lot of positive time together. Time spent with family decreases (28 minutes per day with parents) Time spent with friends increases (103 minutes per day with friends) To friends personal issues, views on sex. 7th graders: parents and same gender friends. Quality of relationship with parents has an impact. I can tell my friends anything and they will understand. Close friends accept me for who i really am. A close friend has emotions just like mine. Adolescents show more positive emotions during the weekend when they"re with their friends. Friends are also the source of adolescents" most negative emotions. Increase time with peers, decrease time with parents. The degree to which 2 people share: Importance of self-disclosure increases and shared activities decrease. Females: more intimate friendships, place higher value on talking together.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers