FRHD 3070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Health Promotion, Dependent And Independent Variables

17 views3 pages

Document Summary

Can the results of the program be explained by some alternative process that. The validity of inferences about whether the relationship between 2 variables is casual. Threats to internal validity: plausible alternative explanations for what causes the observed effect, i. e. frog jumping competitions: Need to use logic and common sense. History: any event that coincides with the intervention: i. e. effects of drugs study, i. e. people that use seatbelts and intervene, could be the intervention that made people use seatbelts more, or it could have been something else. Maturation: threat that some biological, psychological or emotional process within he person and separate from the intervention will change over time. Testing: effects due to repeated testing of participants over time. Instrumentation: any change that occurs over time in measurement procedures or devices. Regression to the mean regress towards the mean: i. e. flipping coin: we intervened, and there was greater self-esteem.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers