FRHD 3150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Classical Conditioning, Mental Model, Public Health

13 views7 pages

Document Summary

Public health guest lecture (bridges out of poverty) Understanding of hidden rules to build genuine relaionships: economic groups have diferent hidden rules (i. e. if i randomly got super rich and went to a rich party would i know how to behave??) Economic group is one of the irst things you experience, similarly to race/religion etc. and it efects what kind of experiences/opportuniies you have. Low income did you have enough food. Middle income did you like the food. Relaionships are criical in poverty, you need people to survive. Unstable environment, less ability to make choices. Constantly trying to solve immediate problems not thinking about future story/pathway to get there (one reason why poverished teens more likely to have kids no reason to hold it of) Had to imagine what a future might bring. Middle income is driven by achievement so relaionships will hold. Stable environment no worried about today or tomorrow.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers