History
Course
HIST 3200
Professor
Katie Mc Cullough
Semester
Winter

Description
Gangs, drugs 1. the end of the hacienda nightclub a. club scene fuelled by ecstasy and other classAdrugs, rather than alcohol b. gangs and drug dealers begin operating inside the clubs c. gun violence increases in and around the club d. hacienda closes in 1997 e. ‘gunchester’; because of the rampant gun and gang activity i. known as britains Bronx f. Manchester didn’t hold a monopoly on gang troubles i. Had the necessary ingredients in which this violence could go about ii. Moss side riots 1981 iii. Racial tensions, mass unemployment iv. Police officers using excessive force against black youth 2. Violent youth gangs aka hoodie gangs a. Rise out of increased use of classAdrugs in the 80s and 90s b. Competing over territory and profit margins c. Guns favoured over knives d. Located in very poor areas, violence ternds to be located to home turfs e. Severity ix exaggerated by the media f. Still with us today 3. Change from earlier youth gangs a. Not associated with cultural flourishing b. Far more violent c. Over
More Less

Related notes for HIST 3200

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit