Marketing and Consumer Studies
Course
MCS 3040
Professor
Joseph Radocchia
Semester
Fall

Description
Law & Media Jiaying Luo 0825212 *MCS3040 Definition of Media: Communication channels through which news, entertainment, education, data, or promotional messages are disseminated. Media includes every broadcasting and narrowcasting medium such as newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, billboards, direct mail, telephone, fax, and internet (BusinessDictionary). Obviously, education is a specific channel for media. My formal start for learning ―the law‖ is in my previous University. The course I took ―Law and ethics‖ which helped me become familiar with the Canada's legal system and the legal principles of governing business relations. Going to the deeper side, I start to have some sense about the ethical issues in the business environment, which could be very helpful for my Law course learning. Besides what I have learnt in class, another effective way through media is from daily news: I always went through the website of CNN, BBC and NY Times from my smart phone. Take the most recent issues that happened in Syria, if the US government takes the military action against Syria, this will ―throw the entire system of international law and order out of balance‖ since ―Under current international law, force is permitted only in self-defense or by the decision of the Security Council. Anything else is unacceptable under the United Nations Charter and would constitute an act of aggression‖ (A Plea for Caution From Russia, 2013) . Here we can deeply understand why the US governments action plans are changing which following the civilized diplomatic and political settlement. Actually, we can learn different laws from different news. For example, the issues of Immigration Reform for the citizenship that related to the millions of illegal immigrants in US, we turn to more understand about the public law-immigrations law. These types of news are very meaningful for the international students, and also significant for me, as a new immigrant. Take another updated news about the new iPhone, its fingerprint scanner function has prompted lots of argue: It
More Less

Related notes for MCS 3040

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit