Nutrition
Course
NUTR 1010
Professor
Dr.B
Semester
Winter

Description
Nutrition 1010WHAT is nutrition The science that studies how food nourishes our bodies and influences our health The only science that combineso Biology chemistry biochemistry physiology anatomy genetics psychology behavioural science sociology WHY is nutrition importantOne of several factors contributing to healthA nutritious diet can prevent some diseases and reduce risk for others A poor diet canrisk for some health diseasesheath conditionsWHOdoes nutrition affectEVERYONEo From womb to tombo All stages of health and sickness o Every country around the worldo U of Guelph undergradsHOW can I figures out my nutrient needsUse the dietary reference intakes DRINutrition AdviceWHOM can you trustTrustworthy experts are educatedcredentialed eg RD Registered DietitianProfessional organizations provide reliable nutrition informationCanadian Nutrition informationGovernment sources eg Health CanadaPeer reviewed journals eg American Journal of Clinical NutritionUniversity textbooks What aboutNutritionistsMDs NDsInternet o Be wary of com o Does the website provide a public information service of is it selling a product o Credentials of authoro When was the website last updatedMagazines newspapersJanuary 11 2012 Why do we eatHungerEnergy Preference
More Less

Related notes for NUTR 1010

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit