Nutrition
Course
NUTR 3070
Professor
John Dwyer
Semester
Winter

Description
THEORY OF PLANNED BEHAVIOU(Ajzen, 2006) INTEGRATIVEMODEL OFBEHAVIOURALP REDICTIO(Fishbein, 2009) INTEGRATIVE M ODEL CONSTRUCTS : INTENTION - Readiness to engage in a certain behaviour o What’s your perception of how likely you are to do a specific behaviour. Perceived intention. o May predict actual behaviour o But “intention-behaviour gap” may prevent action. Intentions are the best indicator of change. - Measures of Intention (Internal consistency reliability) o (Gauge readiness) Ex: I intend to do at least 150 minutes MPA a week, or 75 minutes VPA a week, or equivalent combination, during the next month Extremely unlikely -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 Extremely likely o I will try to do … “Definitely true” to “Definitely false” o I plan to do … “Strongly disagree” to “Strongly agree” - Intentions don’t always predict behaviour, there will be gaps sometimes - May have no intention of doing the behaviour - May intend to do the behaviour, but unable or unwilling to act on intention; not willing to follow through on their intentions - Skills and abilities; lack these so they cannot - Environmental factors; not much they can do about it because they don’t have this support, or confidence and/or skills necessary to do behaviour DETERMINANTS OF NTENTION o Attitudes  How favourable or unfavourable [view] you have towards that behaviour.  Overall feeling or evaluation of the behaviour o Norms  How much social pressure you think is out there  Perceived social norms  Perceived social pressure o Self-efficacy  Your confidence to do the particular behaviour  Believe that one has skills and abilities to do behaviour  Belief that one can do the behaviour under difficult circumstances (barrier self-efficacy; Bandura’s concept)  Perceived behavioral control Measures of Self-Efficacy  For me to do at least 150 minutes MPA a week, or 75 minutes VPA a week, or equivalent combination, during the next month would be:  Impossible -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 Possibly  If I wanted to, I could do …  Definitely true -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 Definitely false W HERE DOA TTITUDES,NO
More Less

Related notes for NUTR 3070

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit