POLS 1150 - 01
Attitudes towards Women's Representation
Wednesday November 6 2013 - missed Monday's lecture
• what does Everitt and Gidengil's study tell us about Canadian attitudes?
• do women do a better job of representing women's interests?
• is there concern that there are not enough women in parliament
• should quota's be legislated for parties?
Woman of the 34th parliament
• critical mass of money
• formed association of women parliamentarians that crossed party lines
• created sub - committee on the status of women to address violence against women after
1989 Montreal Massacre
• failure of the report on the violence against women and the limits of a mandate of
• women wanted a gun registry, and the PC said no