POLS 4050 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Institute For Operations Research And The Management Sciences, Decision-Making, Welfare Rights

49 views2 pages

Document Summary

Dahl decision making in democracy: the supreme court as a national policy maker. I thought this article was well written for the 1957. I only ever skimmed almond"s 1956 essay when i did my presentation last semester but dahl"s writing style kind of reminded me of his. I wasn"t completely convinced by dahl"s argument that american courts were aiming to protect minorities. This article was written in 1957 and i feel like things didn"t start getting better for minority groups in canada or the u. s until the 80"s. I feel like this almost can"t apply to today in a way because the civil rights movement, black power, the gay rights movement. Bickel the least dangerous branch: the supreme court at the bar of politics. I thought in general, it wasn"t really the point of these three articles but none of them did the best job of describing the climate of how difficult it was to get issues on the agenda.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers