POLS 3370 Lecture Notes - Lecture 29: European Union Emission Trading Scheme, Clean Development Mechanism, Certified Emission Reduction

37 views7 pages

Document Summary

Fines and charges makes wrongs seem right. Paying your way out of a violation, transgression. Making wrongs all right i. e. permissible, if not desirable. Allows one to secure permission to despoil the environment in the. Pols 3370 environmental politics & governance notes october 29. Formally recognized under the 1997 kyoto protocol. To help annex i countries achieve their ghg reduction commitments. To help non-annex i countries achieve sustainable development. Gives credit to nations for reductions that occur as a result of its financing. Cdm gives credit to certified emission reduction (cer) projects in countries that do not face national caps (developing countries) of a project. Allows a country with an emission reduction or limitation commitment under the kyoto protocol to earn emission reduction units (erus). Flexible and cost-efficient means of fulfilling emissions reductions. Any reduction is a global net reduction, countries working together commitments. Unlike cdm, ji projects take place in countries that have emissions reductions commitments.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers