POPM 3240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Cumulative Incidence, Prevalence, Case Fatality Rate

39 views3 pages

Document Summary

Unit 4: measures of association & disease frequency. Morbidity: diseased state & oft considers the burden of the disease; i. e. sickness/impairment. I. e. disease that causes pain & physical symptoms is highly morbid, maybe low mortality rate. I. e. disease that quickly leads to death has high mortality rate, may have low morbidity. Prevalence: number of existing cases of disease (at a given time) divided by number of person in the population at the time. Is simply a proportion & not a measure of risk because it does not take units of time into account when the disease/outcome occurred. Point prevalence: measure of which speci c time or date used for calculation: i. e. number of students enrolled sick with u today over total students enrolled today. Period prevalence: measured during a certain time span (year, decade: i. e. number of students reported being sick with u any point during semester divided by number of students ever enrolled in course during that semester.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers