POPM 3240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Sampling Frame, Systematic Sampling, Roadkill

102 views13 pages

Document Summary

Census involves systematically acquiring and recording relevant information about every member of a given population. Impractical because: time consuming, costly, tedious and difficult if participation is voluntary. Inclusion criteria refers to set of characteristics that study subject must have in order to be included in the study: exclusions criteria refers to a set of characteristics that if possessed, in exclusion of potential study subject. Target population: population to which it might be possible to extrapolate results i. e first nations peoples in canada. Source population: population from which the study subjects are drawn i. e fist nations peoples in ontario. Sampling frame: a list of all study subjects in the source population i. e names and contact info of ontario first nations people who completed canadian census. Sampling unit(s): the actual unit of measurement could be as small as a person or animal or larger such as a household, school or farm i. e individuals from first nations community.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers