PSYC 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Interference Theory, Sketchpad, Sensory Memory

21 views2 pages

Document Summary

Basis of: learning and intelligence, identity, sense of continuity. Memory is not a single ability: information-processing approach, multiple (cid:498)systems(cid:499) of memory (different places, different processes, for storing different kind of information and for different periods of time) Sensory memory is a memory store that accurately holds perceptual information for a very brief amount of time. Classic experiment: george sperling"s whole vs. partial report. Suggested that our visual memory can take in a large amount of information. Stm is a memory store with limited capacity and duration (<1min) Stm is more than a store; it is active: working memory. 4 components of working memory that have been proposed: Episodic buffer: understanding the context, blending information (cid:498)i need to pass this car so i can pull over and find my phone to call that number quick! Visuospatial sketchpad: understanding the flow of traffic.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers