PSYC 1000 (904)
Dan Meegan (226)

Module 52 nov29.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Guelph
PSYC 1000
Dan Meegan

November 29, 2012 Module 52 & 54: Psychological Disorders, Part III: Psychological & Biomedical Therapies Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) o global: my stupidity affects - major depressive disorder is not just one everything I do of these symptoms - result: hopelessness/pessimism - it is one or both of the first two, plus Cognitive view of MDD three or more of the rest - pre-existing NES + failure  MDD o depressed mood most of the day, - evidence: new university students and/or o pessimistic thinking style: 17% o markedly diminished interest or developed MDD pleasure in activities o optimistic thinking style: 1% o significant increase or decrease in developed MDD appetite or weight Cognitive view of MDD o insomnia, sleeping too much, or - caveat: chicken-egg problem disrupted sleep - nevertheless, even if NES is an effect o lethargy, or physical agitation rather than cause, there could be benefits o worthlessness, or of treating NES excessive/inappropriate guilt Cognitive Therapy o daily problems in thinking, - teach people new, more constructive concentrating, and/or making ways of thinking decisions - before therapy o recurring thoughts of death and o this exam’s probably going to be suicide impossible Therapy o I’m so nervous I’ll forget everythi
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 1000

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.