PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Pareto Chart, Nominal Category, Stroop Effect

59 views6 pages

Document Summary

Descriptive statistics - organize, summarize, and communicate numerical information. Inferential statistics - use samples to draw conclusions about a population. Population complete set of the things in which we are interested (could be any size) Sample set of observations drawn from the particular sample (portion of the sample) i. e. population of ontario or sample from the world. Variables take on range of values i. e. reaction time in the stroop task the time to say the colours compared to the time to say the word. Nominal category or name i. e. name of cookies (discrete) Ordinal ranking of data i. e. ranking of favorite cookies (discrete) Interval used with numbers that are equally spaced i. e. temperature of cookies (can be discrete or continuous) Ratio like interval, but has a meaningful 0 point i. e. how many cookies are left? (seldomly discrete and almost always continues) Dependent measure; depends on the independent variable. Operational definition exactly what are you studying.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers