PSYC 1300 (3)
Lecture 2

EDU 439 WEEK 2.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Guelph
PSYC 1300
Carol Willia

SEPTEMBER 17 TH LECTURE – WEEK 2 Review for Week 1: - Bill 82 - Regulation 181/98 - Education for All - Assistive Technology - UDL, Universal Design Learning - Modifications - Accommodations (E.g. needs extra time for tests, visual learner, etc.) - IPRC, Identification Placement Review Committee - IEP, Individual Education Plan - OSR, Ontario Student Record About This Week’s Readings - Full Integration = integrated into regular classrooms full time - Full Inclusion = (even more extreme than integration) Included into the social fabric of the school (i.e. prom, semi formal, pep rallies, mass, cafeteria, etc.), as well as the academic fabric of the school. - Labels - Universal Design for Learning > adapted from architecture (e.g. ramps). o Principles (how it applies in the classroom)  Universality and Equity  Flexibility and Inclusion  Appropriately Designed Space (E.g. flexible centers for grouping, etc.)  Simplicity (i.e. easy setup or else you will not keep up)  Safety o Why is UDL necessary? = individuals bring a huge variety of skills, needs, and interests to learning. Neuroscience reveals that these differences are as varied and unique as our DNA or fingerprints. Three primary brain networks come into play: the WHAT of learning (Recognition; Present info and content in differed ways), The HOW of learning (Skills and Strategies; differentiate the ways that students can express what they know, i.e. written, oral, video options for assignment). The WHY of learning (Students interest and ____). o Sign Language = Other uses: sports, army, flight attendants, communicating in loud environment (concert
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 1300

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.