Class Notes (838,814)
Canada (511,109)
Psychology (3,977)
PSYC 2040 (85)
Dan Yarmey (11)
Lecture

Multiple Regression Major Assignment.docx

3 Pages
193 Views
Unlock Document

Department
Psychology
Course
PSYC 2040
Professor
Dan Yarmey
Semester
Fall

Description
1 Running Head: Multiple Regression Major Assignment Multiple Regression MajorAssignment MichelleAbbott University of Guelph 2 Part I An educational psychologist examined the predictors of success for an Engineering exam. The predictors used were number of hours of sleep the night before the exam, and number of hours spent doing practice questions, in addition to the variance accounted for by number of hours spent reading the text. Table 1 indicates the mean and standard deviation for each predictor. The best independent predictor of grade was the number of hours spent reading the text (studying), which alone predicted 25% of the variance in exam performance ratings, sr = .25, t(497) = 13.72, p < .001. Sleep independently accounted for an additional 9%, sr = .09, t(497) = 8.23, p < .001, of the variance in exam performance ratings beyond studying alone, bringing the total percentage variance accounted for to 34%. When considering the proportion of variance in grade that is accounted for by using both study and sleep, which is the best combination of predictors for final exam grade, R = .34, F(2, 497) = 128.02, p < .001, accounting for 34% of variance. When considering the proportion of variance in grade 2 that is accounted for by both study and practice, R = .26, F(2, 497) = 88.18, p < .001,2 accounting for 26.2% of variance. Practice independently accounted for 1.2%, sr = .01, t(497) = 2.83, p < .01, of the variance in exam performance ratings beyond studying alone, bringing the total perc
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2040

Log In


OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Sign up

Join to view


OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.


Submit