PSYC 2310 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Gustave Le Bon, Deindividuation, Social Facilitation

22 views3 pages

Document Summary

Le bon described crowd as source of power, as well. If you are going to suggest something to the crowd, you do not need to provide logic, simplify what you want to say and repeat it. Once you create something, it becomes acceptable by the mass. Allport suggested that in crowd people reveal their true nature. Social loafing lower level of sense of responsibility, i am not responsible, someone else in the crowd is responsible. I am anonymous, no one will know that it was me. Deindividuation refers to loss of sense of individual responsibility and reduction of inhibition due to joining: )i(cid:373)(cid:271)a(cid:396)do"s p(cid:396)iso(cid:374) study (cid:894)(cid:1005)97(cid:1006)(cid:895) Two of the conditions that lead to de-individuation are: group size, anonymity. Half are antisocial, majority are antisocial and non-normative, pro-social was the least. Anonymous nurses significantly shocked the learner less than those who were wearing name tags. Depends on the cues that exist in a social context.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers