PSYC 3080 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Hostile Work Environment, Job Satisfaction, Performance Appraisal

53 views2 pages

Document Summary

The application of psychological principles to the workplace (anywhere people work) Helping make jobs more interesting and satisfying. Helping workers be more productive i. e. surveys to determine how people can be trained best at work. Making jobs more interesting/satisfying: designing jobs people will find satisfying, rewarding work (for some people, work is more central in their lives, etc. , ergonomics. Motivating employees to perform i. e. giving more input in decision making creating teams that work well together: combining diverse talents and perspectives. Providing skills training and development i. e. leadership development plan for someone with lots of potential. Helping to meet the challenges of competition i. e. dealing with globalization, virtual teams (people in different countries working together) Moving past downsizing in the past, there was an emphasis on making businesses more efficient, it was done w downsizing, now realizing that we may have downsized too much. Subareas industrial or personnel psychology: hr stuff: recruitment, job analysis, selection, training, performance appraisal, compensation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers