Class Notes (1,100,000)
CA (620,000)
U of G (30,000)
SOAN (900)
SOAN 2120 (400)
D Walters (100)
Lecture 9

SOAN 2120 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Academic Journal, Turnitin, Analysis Of Variance

Department
Sociology and Anthropology
Course Code
SOAN 2120
Professor
D Walters
Lecture

This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
FREQUENTLY*ASKED*QUESTIONS:*SOAN*2120*FINAL*ASSIGNMENT*
!
*!All!of!the!information!below!was!gathered!from!the!assignment!guideline!posted!on!Courselink!and!
from!Chapter!13!at!the!back!of!the!course!textbook!Basics&of&Social&Research:&Qualitative&and&Quantitative&
Approach.&Please!see!both!of!these!resources!for!more!detailed!information!about!project!requirements!
and!SPSS!instructions.!Pages!numbers!for!specific!questions!are!provided*!
GENERAL*SYYLE,*REFERENCING*AND*SUBMISSION**
!
1. Do*I*need*a*title*page?*
No,!you!do!not!need!a!title!page!for!this!assignment.!Ensure!that!your!name,!student!
number,!course!code!and!title!of!your!report!are!at!the!top!of!the!first!page.!!
!
2. Should*I*use*subtitles?*
Yes,!use!subtitles!in!your!assignment!to!distinguish!between!each!required!section,!
including!your!abstract.!!
!
3. What*style*of*referencing*should*I*use?*
ASA.!Free!handouts!are!available!in!the!help!section!at!the!library!if!you!need!assistance.!!
!
4. What*is*considered*to*be*a*“scholarly*article”*or*“academic*source”?*
A!source!is!considered!academic!if!it!is!published!in!a!peer!reviewed,!academic!journal.!
These!articles!will!have!volume!and!issue!numbers.!Newspaper!and!magazine!articles!are!
not!considered!academic,!even!if!they!come!from!credible!sources.!*
5. Can*I*use*sources*that*are*not*considered*to*be*academic?**
Yes,!you!can!(but!are!not!required!to)!use!additional*sources!that!are!not!academic!as!long!
as!you!have!the!required!number!of!academic!sources.!Please!ensure!that!the!additional!
sources!that!you!chose!are!credible,!such!as!Statistics!Canada!data,!textbooks!or!
government!websites.!*
6. How*do*I*submit*my*assignment?*
You!will!need!to!submit!your!assignment!to!“turnitin.com”.!Instructions!for!to!do!this!are!
on!the!homepage!of!the!course!website.!Copy!and!paste!you!SPSS!output!from!SPSS!to!the!
BOTTOM!of!your!assignment!document.!Do!not!worry!if!Turnitin!reformats!this!output.!
You!DO*NOT!need!to!submit!a!hardcopy!of!the!assignment!or!the!SPSS!output.!!
VARIABLES*AND*SPSS*OUTPUT*
!
1. How*do*I*pick*my*variables?!
Look!through!the!dataset!and!find!two!variables!that!you!think!are!interesting.!Then,!look!
at!available!literature!that!considers!those!variables.!In!your!literature!review,!you!need!to!
convince!the!TA!marking!your!paper!that!these!two!variables!are!worth!studying.!*
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version