SOAN 2120 Lecture : Feb 1 lecture

25 views2 pages

Document Summary

Nominal-ordinal-interval-ratio [ratio at the top like a pyramid] We build on things, ratio has all properties of interval, interval has all properties of ordinal and so on. Variables whose attributes have only characteristics of exhaustiveness [jointly exhaustiveness] & mutual exclusiveness. I. e. a variable w/just discrete categories [cannot be ranked, no order i. e. I. e. a variable w/just discrete categories [cannot be ranked, no order i. e. gender, religious affiliation, political party affiliation, birth place, college, hair colour] All can say about 2 ppl is that they are either the same or different [equal to or not equal to] Example: dog breed - german shepard is different than australian cattle dog. Cannot say one is more or less dog breedy than the other. Jointly exhaustive every possible observation can be classified into an attribute of the variable. [categories should be sufficient so that all observations can fit into one of them] ***need both of these for each level of measurement***

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers