Library website: www.lib.uoguelph.ca
To find newspaper articles click “resources” and scroll down.
use a “*” to get plural
alternate spelling, use a “?” in the middle of the word
▯click on subject and course guides
newspapers page on library website
alternative press webpage
use subject and course guides
PRIMO for DVDs, print resources, “old” stuff
research help desk
Test Questions: (October 1 2009)
Multiple choice and short answer
sociological imagination, intro to law, criminology, crime
counting crime, how much crime
crime, media and representation
▯lectures and discussions/ text/ articles online
How to count crime? How much crime?
Crime , media literacy, how crime is represented
1. what does it mean to have a “sociological imagination”?
2. provide an example of a “social problem” and explain why C. Wright Mills
would consider it to be a “social problem” vs. a “private trouble”?
3. what perspective understands the definition of crime to be factual and precise?
4. To what does the socialreaction perspective refer?
5. How do we define :”crime”
6. What do cri