SOC 2070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Vigilante, Al-Qaeda, Radical Change

14 views3 pages

Document Summary

Us definition: acts of dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the. Michael zehaf-bibeau killing a solider on parliament hill, ideological reasons, isis. In the united states, terrorism is defined as consisting of activities that (cid:498)involve. United states or of any states intended to intimidate . Threat or use of violence to intimidate or influence the public (or government) for political/ religious/ ideological reasons (philips 2015) Are terrorism & war not the same? (to what extent to terrorism is war) Terrorism involves strategic and deliberate violence against civilians. Isn"t terrorism just another form of (cid:498)crime(cid:499)? already a criminal code violation, why do we need something else beause the public wants something else. What phenomema to include or exclude from an analysis. Impacts foreign relations between states i. g which states harbor (cid:498)terrorist(cid:499) I. g lebanses hezbollah or palestinian hamas vis- -vis israel. I. g al-qaeda struggle to rid muslim land of us and western influence.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers