THST 3530 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: My Beautiful Laundrette, Mina Shum, Hanif Kureishi

33 views3 pages

Document Summary

Personal documentary, audio-biographical about her, her mom and sister mona life. Mina"s mother is more of allied other than double happiness mother. Entrenched traditional chinese values instilled with father. Culture in canada is different as its less defined and lax. Patriarchal force, powerful presence even in absence in the discussion of me, Line to the father shared characteristic in both films and love him. Parents immigrants vs. children therefore want their children to seize opportunity make better life for themselves in the future. Ethnic casting- being very restricted in the roles your asked to do. Related context of above films as post-colonial cinema voices of those in. Writer has a double-ness background that countries are immigrants or children cultivated from their home country. 1st e. g. my beautiful launderette stephen fears & *hanif kureishi*(1985) Racism in britain and the way certain generations of britain"s of. Pakistan heritage try to become more capitalist and connected.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers