GMGT 2070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Nonverbal Communication, Cuban Missile Crisis, Groupthink

49 views15 pages

Document Summary

2 or more members interacting with each other (group) Towards a common goal or a common set of goals: there is a deliberate purpose for the group/team. Five stage model: forming figure out mission/purpose and their goals. Individual: where do i fit in: group: why are we here, storming the realization that there might be conflict between members over roles, purpose, etc. I(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual: what"s (cid:373)(cid:455) (cid:396)ole he(cid:396)e: group: who is in charge and who does what, norming a meeting of minds; setting ground rules, norms and expectations. Individual: what do the others expect of me: group: can we agree on roles and work as a team, performing the pinnacle of the team, what they formed to do. Individual: how do i best perform: group: can we do the job properly, adjourning determine that its purpose is served and they can now disband. Size: how many in the group: the(cid:396)e is a (cid:373)agi(cid:272) (cid:374)u(cid:373)(cid:271)e(cid:396) (cid:1011) (cid:894)+/- 2)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers