Geography
Course
GEOG 1280
Professor
Bruce G.Erickson
Semester
Summer

Description
lOMoARcPSD987298 The process of attribution requires the detection of a change in the observed variable or closely associated variables Attribution seeks to determine whether a specified set of external forcings andor drivers are the cause of an observed change in a specific system. Economy is closely linked to CO2 output. Energy supply is the largest culprit of greenhouse gas emission (26) Anthropocene th Proposed by Paul Crutzen, describing the time since 18 Century onward as a new geological era, marked by human activity. I=PxAxT (P=population, A=affluence (wealth), T=technology(amplifies other units)). The Future Terra QuasiIncognita Existential Denial: its not happening Consequential Denial: doesnt matter Fatalistic Denial: theres nothing I can do about it. Unit 10: Glaciers and Landforms from Moving Ice Glaciers A glacier is a large mass of perennial ice, resting on land or floating shelflike in the sea adjacent to land. Glaciers form by the accumulation and recrystallization of snow. They move under the pressure of their own mass and the pull of gravity. Learning Objectives Differentiate between alpine and continental glaciers and describe their principal features. Describe the process of glacial ice formation and portray the mechanics of glacial movement Describe characteristic erosional and depositional landforms created by alpine glaciation and continental glaciation. Analyze the spatial distribution of periglacial processes and describe several unique landforms and topographic features related to permafrost and frozen ground phenomena.
More Less

Related notes for GEOG 1280

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit