Linguistics
Course
LING 1200
Professor
Erin L.Wilkinson
Semester
Spring

Description
Step 6: Consider Open Questions: − What your study can’t answer − Involves acknowledging the weakness/limitations of your study Step 7: Try to Answer the Open Questions: − Use the weaknesses/limitations of your study to guide further research studies − Get back to the beginning when you get to the end of the process − Science is ongoing − Always more questions that need subsequent research so you start back at the beginning again 2a: The Evolutionary Basis of Thinking and Doing or the Influence on Genes on Thought and Behaviour: Why are you like that? Two possibilities: 1. My parents’ genes made me like that (the nature or Nativist approach) 2. My surroundings made me like that (nurture or Empiricist approach) - Nurture: what is the role of out experience turning us into who we are Nature: − “In the actual race of life, the chief determining factor is heredity” - Edward Thorndike (one of the earliest linguists) − Genes determine what we turn into Nurture: − Everything we become is determined by experiences
More Less

Related notes for LING 1200

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit