MBIO 3410 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Alkaline Phosphatase, Radionuclide, Fluorescence

48 views3 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 2b (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) Incorporate modified nucleotides or molecules that fluoresce, generate biochemoluminescence, or emit particles (i. e. radioactive isotopes) Polynucleotide kinase (pnk) requires gamma atp32 and 5" ends that have been dephosphorylated via alkaline phosphatase. Damage dna randomly and repair with dna polymerase i. Dnase i nicks dna and dna polymerase repairs the damage. Add short oligonucleotides, dntps, modified nucleotide, buffer, and. Attach a fluorescent compound to dna that emits light of a visible wavelength upon being exposed to uv light. Attach a compound to dna for which an antibody exists that has an enzyme attached that catalyzes a reaction that releases light. Isotope generates decay emission (beta particles and/or gamma rays) These emissions will expose x-ray film and generate an image. Cross-link dna to membrane (via uv light or heat) Need sufficient rna to get a signal (not very sensitive) More sensitive methods include rt-pcr, rnaseq, and microarrays.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers