Microbiology
Course
MBIO 4600
Professor
Brassinga Ann
Semester
Fall

Description
Lecture 30 Protein secretion systems All systems rely on channels in the outer membrane formed from betasheets organized in a ring Type I o Secrete a protein directly from the cytoplasm to the outside of the cell o ATPbinding cassette (ABC) transporter pushes protein through channel Type II o Multiprotein complex pseudopilus structure o Pushes protein through inner membrane and through secretin channel to outside of the cell o Closely related to the transport systems that assemble type IV pili (i.e. natural competence) Type III o Syringelike structure that injects effector proteins through both bacterial membranes and eukaryotic cells Type IV (T4SS) o Ancestrally related to conjugation systems Type IVA IncF (F plasmid) IncP (RP4 plasmid) FT4SS F plasmid tratrb genes PT4SS (A. tumefaciens TDNA) vir genes IT4SS (L. pneumophila) icmdot genes o Multisubunit cellenvelopespanning structures compromising a secretion channel and a pilus o Transfer both proteins and nucleoprotein complexes Mediate horizontal gene transfer Delivery of bacterial effector proteins into eukaryotic host cells o A. tumefaciens
More Less

Related notes for MBIO 4600

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit