Philosophy
Course
PHIL 1200
Professor
David R.Hampton
Semester
Summer

Description
lP78R Natural laws are a description of how things do in fact behave, and being a mere description of what they in fact do o These laws don’t give causes o They explain what is happening o Human made laws cause us to act a certain way The Argument from Design Problem: the world is not so perfectly made as to require the existence of an omnipotent and benevolent being that has designed the world “When you come to look into this argument from design, it is a most astonishing thing that people can believe in that this world, with all the things that are in it, with all its defects, should be the best that omnipotence and omniscience have been able to produce in millions of years. I really cannot believe it” what does it mean tobegood& bad?/perfect & non-perfect o subjective good = what I want o objective good = moral good o associate moral goodness/bad with God because God is good and God said so It does not make much sense to say that God is the source of morality (i.e. to claim that without God there would be no right or wro
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 1200

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit