PHIL 1200 (82)
Lecture 18

PHIL 1200 Lecture 18: Lecture 18

3 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Manitoba
PHIL 1200
David R.Hampton

lP78R the only way out of this situation is to suppose no one would be so evil to constantly mislead us the sentences we speak and thoughts we have in this scenario are different than they would be in real life what we say/think as brains-in-vats don’t refer to real things, rather to computer-generated impressions when in the vat, I am not mistaken or ignorant rather I fail to talk or think meaningfully, which is a whole different problem from the one the skeptic has in mind 3 rd Scenario: Being in the Experience Machine there is an experience machine that you can be hooked up to, it can create any experience you like once you are hooked to it, you will think that you are in a real world oyou will justbe floatingin a big tank with wires connected to you also, once in the machine’s dream world, you will be unaware of the real world and of your prior existence to it would you choose to be hooked to t
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 1200

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.