Philosophy
Course
PHIL 1200
Professor
David R.Hampton
Semester
Summer

Description
lD82R at this point, Miller offers an alternative account of personal identity identity consists in similarity of psychological characteristics, such as beliefs, memories, attitudes etc. sameness of these characteristics constitutes sameness of soul, and sameness of the person so if in the afterlife, there is someone with the same attitudes, beliefs, and memories as me, this person is me, regardless of our bodily differences Weirob objects, one can offer a similar argument about the person who has the same psychological features in the afterlife as the person who has the same physical features, namely the fact that the two people are merely similar, but not identical, strictly speaking For all Weirob knows, the heavenly person that has the same psychological states as she does is only a copy of herself and not her actual self Miller tries to reinforce his case by using Descartes’ point that I am aware of myself having a soul and a body This self is what gives unity to my psy
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 1200

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit