PSYC 2250 (104)
Lecture 77

PSYC 2250 Lecture 77: Lecture 77

3 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Manitoba
PSYC 2250
Steven Hladkyj

oS98 you and I can take pov and you can take mine how this would look to another person but societal I can see how the society view us, this is not socially approved tho all of society culture will not approve with what we are saying or doing interaction with other, the more you interact as a child the sooner you begin to understand their perspective, recursive thinking sort of he thinks that she thinks reasoning Social Conflicts Can facilitate perspective taking, can improve childrens perspective taking Social problem solving Training in social problem solving Prejudice Exaggerated positive view of their own group o Whatever group they belong to, its the best When other group dont like them or start to think that they dont like them, theres negative emotions that will start to develop Once children learn their membership in a specific group, they can show prejudice, a negative view of others based on their membership in a specific group Prejudice declines with age due to cognitive development Centration and Decentration With age children become more aware of stereotypes More aware if they are the victim With age children are more exposed to prejudice attitudes Prejudice can increase in adolescence due to search for identity Factors Involved in Forming Prejudice
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2250

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.