January 24, 2013
January-24-13 10:01 AM
- An expression is one kind of simple task.
- An expression is a way of using data to calculate a value.
The simplest expression is just a literal value.
- e.g. 3.14159,, 'A', "Some text", true.
- We use familiar arithmetic operators:
○ + addition
○ Multiplication (x is amgibuous)
- They require numeric operants.
SYNTAX: Making sense
- Some combinationsof operands and operators make sense.
○ e.g., 23 + 17/(36- 5)
- There are only two values in Boolean logic: