1990s-2000: A Post-Modern World
- Really encourages opening up of thinking.
- Less centralist kind of thinking.
o Decentralization takes place in the 1990s.
Third Wave Challenges
- Who are “women?” Anti-essentialism.
o Many classes, ethnicities, colours and sexual orientations.
- There are often cuts made to women’s groups.
- There is a rise in social conservatism.
- Post-structuralism is interpreted of gender and sexuality to 3 -wave ideology.
- Women still seen as “social interest” but less unified or powerful.
- Mainstream churches were in decline and sold off.
- We see a fairly dramatic shift