KIN 122 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Mental Chronometry, Electromyography, Standard Deviation

94 views4 pages
3 Nov 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Distinguish between performance outcome measures and performance process. Use statistics to calculate performance errors measures. Two ways to measure motor performance: performance outcome measures. Measures the outcome or result of performing a motor skill: a li(cid:373)itatio(cid:374) is that this does(cid:374)"t tell you a(cid:374)ythi(cid:374)g a(cid:271)out ho(cid:449) that out(cid:272)o(cid:373)e (cid:449)as achieved, performance process measures. Measures how aspects of the motor control system are functioning during the performance of an action: e. g. , muscles used, joint angles, nervous system activity. Free-write about your favourite motor skill! (1 minute) My personal favourite motor skill would be swimming. How could you measure your writing performance? (think about both outcome and process measures) The time interval between the presentation of a signal and the initiation of a movement: e. g. , ti(cid:373)e (cid:271)et(cid:449)ee(cid:374) a starter"s gu(cid:374) a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)itial for(cid:272)e o(cid:374) the starti(cid:374)g (cid:271)lo(cid:272)ks i(cid:374) sprinting (i) Simple rt: one signal, one response (ii) Choice rt: more than one signal, each with its own response (iii)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers