Philosophy
Course
PHIL 224
Professor
George Williamson
Semester
Fall

Description
Pthl 224 October 10 2012 1 Housekeeping: − he plans on giving us a couple of questions with a little bit of choice. − He plans on limiting the words, two essays about 1000 words each. − Choose what ever is the most appealing to you − write an essay about the topics, explaining the arguments and such − doesn't have to be very formal − references and bibliography is not necessary − the content is what is important − instructions will explain all this Principles of Consent: When is Consent Morally Transformative? Considerations: criminal consent-eliciting behaviour 1. Coercion requires two conditions: a) threat to make worse off ◦ in terms of your rights, you have some kind of right to ◦ Page 202 – 203 --> all the odd numbers have examples of coercion ▪ have sex or...  I wont return your car – you have the right to your car  I will give you two grades lower than you deserve – you have the right to the marks you earn  I won't repay you – you have the right to the money that is owed to you ◦ even numbers ▪ have sex or...  our relationship is over – you do not have the “right” to be in a relationship, two people agree upon the relationship  and I will give you grades higher than you deserve – you do not have a right to get grades above your performance b) reasonableness of succumbing to threat vs. suffering consequences ◦ depends upon how credible you can perceive the threat to be ◦ how sever the consequences are ◦ page 304. ▪ case five: have sexual relations with
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 224

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit